Automatic garage doors are not only convenient but also reasonable, safe, and simple to install. If you have installed an automatic garaged door, you will no need to get out of the car to open or close the garage door. See the site for more great information about garage door installation. Following are the important factors to consider while choosing a reliable garage door.
Type of drive system of garage door:
- Screw-driven system of garage door: The screwdriver has a lifting system that moves the length of a steel rod. This system needs little maintenance services due to little moving hardware. The body of the system is placed at the ceiling of the garage. The average of this garage door opener screw-drive system is more than $150 and less than $200.
- Chain-driven system of garage door: The chain-driven system is designed with metal chains lifting the garage door up and down to run on a set of metal tracks. The price of this system ranges from $100 to $170. On the downside, a chain-driven garage door system creates louder noise than others. This system is also mounted with the ceiling of the garage.
- Computerized garage door system: This system works without chains and screws. The body of the opener is placed directly above the garage door. Mounting the system above the garage door helps you to enjoy more space in the lower headroom. You can use it for storage.
Types of power:
You should choose a motor with enough power to lift or lower the garage door. You should choose a ½ HP powered motor if you have a double garage door. A bigger motor will last longer. Try to discover a motor with a soft start and soft button. It functions more smoothly and quietly and reduces the chances of wear and tear.
- The speed of motor: An efficient garage door opens faster and reduces the waiting time on your drive path. Remember, the quick opening garage door still closes at a slower speed following the safety measurements. Consider how much you are willing to spend in the waiting.
- Safety concerns: Automatic garage doors are installed with safety devices to prevent the garage door from smashing objects. The garage door reverses if it hitting something. This system is triggered through an electronic beam.
- Safety features of remote: The latest models of garage doors use rolling code technology to enhance security. Each time when you operate the garage door, a new random code is generated. It prevents you from opening your neighbor’s garage door.
- Remote control system: Several garage door models use single-button remote control while others use remote control with multiple options. The handy remote is a powerful and best device for individuals who want to use their garages for multiple purposes.
- Wall-mounted controller: It is mounted to the wall inside or outside the garage. It allows you to open and close the garage door without using a remote control. It does not come with a garage door installation kit. It is considered an accessory.
- Lighting: Modern garage doors are installed with a security light system that turns on automatically when you operate the garage door. The lights stay on just long enough for you to allow you to step out of your car and get into your home. Some garage doors have functions to turn on the lights without opening the garage door.